You can switch between wikitext and visual editing[editar]
Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma
Editors at this Wikivoyage have access to both the wikitext and visual editors. You can switch between the two systems in the middle of an edit. These images show where to find the button to do this:
I've asked the devs to turn on an option in Special:Preferences for all of the Wikivoyages. They will probably do this on Monday, 6 June 2016.
For people who use both editing systems, this preference setting will let you choose whether to have two tabs (how it works today) or just one. I like having two tabs, but many editors want just one, to always open their favorite editing system. They can use these buttons to temporarily switch to the other whenever they want. This option works well for most people. However, experience on other wikis shows that a few people who are used to two tabs usually get "stuck" in one and can't figure out how to switch to the other editing system. So please look for these icons the next time you open an article to edit; they're available to you today, and they'll help if anyone gets stuck next week.
Here are the three things that I want you to know about this:
- If you haven't enabled the visual editor, then you already have just one "Editar" tab, and this change should not affect you.
- If you have two editing tabs now ("Editar" and "Editar código"), then on Monday, you will only have one. (Don't worry!) As soon as the second editing tab disappears, the new prefs setting will appear. You can go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing, find the drop-down menu named "Editing mode", and choose whatever you want. (You won't see this option if you have the visual editor disabled.)
- If you get stuck, remember that you can use those two buttons to switch to the other editing system.
There is more information about this feature at mw:VisualEditor/Single edit tab. I'll be around Monday when this happens, so please ping me if you encounter any unexpected problems.
By the way, for those of you who want to try out the visual editor, please remember it will be easier to add templates in the visual editor if you've added TemplateData information to their documentation pages.
20:51 6 jun 2016 (UTC)
The visual editor is coming to this wiki soon[editar]
Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma. ¡Muchas gracias!
The visual editor is coming to this Wikivoyage soon. The visual editor allows people to edit Wikivoyage articles as if they were using a typical word processor. The target date is 14 June 2016. After the deployment, everyone will automatically have the option to use either the visual editor or the current wikitext editor. For more information about how to use the visual editor, see mw:Help:VisualEditor/User guide.
Here's what the two editing systems look like:
You can use the visual editor right now. To turn it on, select "Beta" in your preferences. Choose "Editor visual" and click save. When it is enabled, press the "Editar" button to edit an article in the new software. When the visual editor is open, you can switch to the wikitext editor any time you want. Just click the [[ ]] icon in the toolbar, next to the "Save" button. Inside the wikitext editor, click the pencil icon () in the upper right corner to switch to the visual editor. If you prefer having two tabs, or if you want to change the editing system that opens first, go to Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing and choose your favorite option for the "Editing mode".
There is a short guide at mediawiki.org that has some tips about getting the best value out of the visual editor for your project.
- It's much easier to add templates if you've added TemplateData information. This is particularly important for popular templates, such as Template:Eat.
- If you think that 14 June 2016 is not a good date for your wiki, then please contact me as soon as possible.
- Please let me know if you find any problems. You can report issues in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on the central feedback page on MediaWiki.org. If you notice major issues affecting your project, please leave a note on my talk page.
- Sign up for the visual editor's multilingual newsletter if you want to hear about new features.
18:41 13 jun 2016 (UTC)
19:14 20 jun 2016 (UTC)
Compact Language Links enabled in this wiki today[editar]
Por favor, ayuda a traducir a tu idioma
Compact Language Links has been available as a beta-feature on all Wikimedia wikis since 2014. With compact language links enabled, users are shown a much shorter list of languages on the interlanguage link section of an article (see image). Based on several factors, this shorter list of languages is expected to be more relevant for them and valuable for finding similar content in a language known to them. More information about compact language links can be found in the documentation.
From today onwards, compact language links has been enabled as the default listing of interlanguage links on this wiki. However, using the button at the bottom, you will be able to see a longer list of all the languages the article has been written in. The setting for this compact list can be changed by using the checkbox under User Preferences -> Appearance -> Languages
The compact language links feature has been tested extensively by the Wikimedia Language team, which developed it. However, in case there are any problems or other feedback please let us know on the project talk page. It is to be noted that on some wikis the presence of an existing older gadget that was used for a similar purpose may cause an interference for compact language list. We would like to bring this to the attention of the admins of this wiki. Full details are on this phabricator ticket (in English).
Due to the large scale enablement of this feature, we have had to use MassMessage for this announcement and as a result it is only written in English. We will really appreciate if this message can be translated for other users of this wiki. Thank you. On behalf of the Wikimedia Language team: Runa Bhattacharjee (WMF) (talk) 07:39 22 jun 2016 (UTC)
15:42 27 jun 2016 (UTC)