17:50 4 dic 2017 (UTC)
Please help create Wikiviajes:Hitos with documentation of ESVoy's main milestones over the years (especially if you are one of the most active editors)[editar]
This page exists on the English Wikivoyage and several other Wikivoyage editions.
We at the Hebrew Wikivoyage have recently created and expanded this page in which we have (1) documented, as best as we could, the most important milestones our community achieved over the years in the development of the site (2) added the current most important milestones we are trying to achieve in the development of the Hebrew Wikivoyage in the present.
I noticed that most of the Wikivoyage communities have not created this page yet. If possible, please help create this page on your Wikivoyage edition (especially if you are one of the most active editors in your Wikivoyage edition over the years and are well aware of the main efforts/milestones reached through the years) and help document, as best as we could, the most important milestones achieved in the development of your Wikivoyage edition over the years + add the current most important milestones your Wikivoyage community is trying to achieve in the present.
I am hoping that if each/most of the Wikivoyage communities would do this so that we'll all have a much better understanding about where each community has chosen to focus all of their efforts through the years (and perhaps, in this way, each Wikivoyage community might inspire the rest of the Wikivoyage editor communities to adopt new ideas for new important initiatives on our own edition of Wikivoyage which we haven't even considered so far).
- ויקיג'אנקי, a pesar de que no le veo mucha utilidad en nuestra versión lingüística, debido a la falta de editores activos y a que tenemos tareas pendientes de mayor prioridad, dado que no toma demasiado tiempo, intentaré hacer un esbozo de los logros e hitos de los números de artículos. Ya en el futuro se podrá ampliar más.
- ויקיג'אנקי, although I don't see much usefulness on these kind of things specially in our language version, due to the lack of active editors and because there are higher priority pending tasks to be done, given that this could not take a lot of time to be done and maintain, I'll try to do a stub about articles milestones. In the future this could be further expanded with other types of milestones. --Zerabat (discusión) 14:07 7 dic 2017 (UTC)
Invitation to Blocking tools consultation[editar]
The Wikimedia Foundation's Anti-Harassment Tools team invites all Wikimedians to discuss new blocking tools and improvements to existing blocking tools in December 2017 for development work in early 2018.
How can you help?
- Share your ideas on the discussion page or send an email to the Anti-Harassment Tools team.
- Spread the word that the consultation is happening; this is an important discussion for making decisions about improving the blocking tools.
- Help with translation.
- If you know of previous discussions about blocking tools that happened on your wiki, share the links.
We are looking forward to learning your ideas.
For the Anti-Harassment Tools team SPoore (WMF), Community Advocate, Community health initiative (talk) 23:23 7 dic 2017 (UTC)
17:57 11 dic 2017 (UTC)
15:26 18 dic 2017 (UTC)
Edit-a-thon "5 years Wikivoyage"[editar]
We propose an edit-a-thon dedicated to the 5th anniversary of the Wikivoyage launch at the WMF servers that took place on January 15, 2013. At Russian Wikivoyage it will be combined with the celebration of our 5000th article that we expect in early January. In a nutshell, we plan to request central banner on relevant language versions of Wikipedia, and offer small presents to everyone who makes useful edits to Wikivoyage articles during the period of January 16 - February 15, 2018.
We prepared several pages:
- Landing page that explains the basics of adding new objects and editing the existing ones; how to use Listing Editor and what to write in the description field
- Getting started, where we explain how to use Wikivoyage (dynamic maps, images, GPX files, offline usage) and what is special about our project; how we are different from other travel guides
- Rules of the edit-a-thon. The participants will score 1 point for each object added to an article, provided that they add practical information and write a meaningful description based on their first-hand knowledge. Copying information from the web is strongly discouraged.
- Every participant who scored more than 10 points, will receive postcards (this is equivalent to the prizes given for the Asian Month in Wikipedia). Those participants who will write at least 2 articles with the usable or guide status will receive printed travel guide for the region of their choice.
These are the rules at Russian Wikivoyage. You should feel free to modify them in your own way, but please, stick to several general guidelines:
- Prepare the landing page that will include brief instructions on which articles to edit, how to edit them, as well as links to relevant policies and guidelines in your language
- Provide the text of the central notice in your language
- Name one person who will be responsible for the communication
- If you plan to give presents, draft formal rules and find the presents. Our presents are partly funded by Wikimedia Russia and partly by ourselves. Talking to your regional chapter or even writing a rapid grant application may be a good idea. The prizes are not compulsory, but they are likely to increase the number of participants and motivate them to work harder.
Deadline: January 4, 2018. After this date I will initiate the Central Notice request on meta. Without the landing page and other relevant information, I won't be able to include your language into the request, and you won't have the central banner. Should you have question, please, ask them here or on my talk page. Happy New Year, and all the best in 2018!
- @Atsirlin, ElGuruCesar, Kírito, White Master, Camilapulka: @Isaacvp, B1mbo, Mpeinadopa: ¿Qué opinan de esta propuesta? Si decidimos apoyarla, ¿cómo procedemos? --Zerabat (discusión) 23:35 28 dic 2017 (UTC)